Q: Why do I think there's a commie behind every tree?
A: BECAUSE THERE IS A FUCKING COMMIE BEHIND EVERY TREE!!


Utilize the language with the same manipulation the Commies do, using the phrase "VACCINE FREE" instead of "UNVACCINATED" or "NON-VACCINATED"

Friday, March 19, 2021

Miscellaneous Gun Stuff

Ever since I joined my new shooting club, I have been very active with all aspects of shooting. I have put in more work hours and range time since the first of the year than the past 3 years at my old club. Also, I have known many members of my new club for years, and know more members at a club with 90 members, than the old club that had up to 1300. So here are some items from the past week or so.

1). Marlin 1894CB in .357 Magnum now set up for grab-n-go

After the video from a prior post about the possibility of a LEO passing a modern rifle qualification course and using such a firearm as a patrol rifle, it got me thinking.

I went to Cabela's today to purchase a small inexpensive rifle case. Since the 1894CB is only 37" long, the case they advertised for a .22 selling for $12.99 fit the bill perfectly, at 40" overall length especially since I don't have a scope on it.



The rifle in the case. Notice the Marlin lever gun lock for security. Can't load, cock, or fire. The key is on my truck key ring.
  
A close up of the lock. The center tab fits in front of the partially open bolt. I wrapped the padlock to prevent scratches

Using a scrap bicycle tire inner tube, I cut and fitted two layers of rubber over the metal body of the padlock as sleeves. The two black metal pieces have a rubberized soft coating on them from the factory. I split my keys up, so only the ignition key is attached to the truck. The remainder are on my belt, and that lock opens fast.

 

2). The S&W 45 Shield is now set up for EDC 

I made a few purchases on eBay. The third 7-round magazine, a DeSantis Speed Scabbard holster, and a Desantis dual magazine carrier, all in black leather.



 

This setup works very well for me, and holds everything really close to my body. The front of the holster has two belt slots, an upper and a lower for adjusting the cant. I tried both and found using the upper slot is too aggressive, and puts the butt of the gun into my side. Using the lower slot is very comfortable and puts the gun where I can easily get it, with no discomfort. The mag carrier also rides comfortably at about the 7-8 o'clock position. While not the ammo capacity of my full size Glock 21 with two spare mags, this is much easier to carry and conceal. When the weather gets warm and the wardrobe get lighter, I will forgo the exposed mag carrier, go to the 6-round mag, and a pocket holster. Depending on what I am wearing I might carry this instead of the little LCP.

Flush fit 6-round mag in a Remora holster will fit in certain cargo shorts I have


The other option I have that I fit tested was a 7-round mag and a spare one in my Voo-Doo Tactical fanny pack. I am not vain enough to give a rat's ass how dorky it may look. I know what's inside, and it may work well when I am out on "The Beast."

 

3). Chamber flags

I bought an order of 18, high quality, made in the USA, bright yellow empty chamber flags for just under 30 bucks. The diameter of the rod will fit a .22 and they are permanently curved so they stay put in a larger bore. They had a couple at the range and I liked the idea, especially since the range house has a rifle rack to use instead of constantly fumbling with rifle cases. Also when going down range to change targets and the actions are open it will be a good visual indicator of safety.
















You may have noticed the green mat I take the photos on. My Dad was in the printing business and he would bring home printing press blankets that were no good any more. We would cut them up for all kinds of projects. This piece is on my gun bench and is the last piece of the blankets from my Dad. When cleaning or working on my guns, the mat protects the gun, as well as the bench from gun juice slobber during cleaning. Solvent and dirt just wipes right off.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mysterious Blogger;

    Nice set up and rig you got there, I really like the lever action, I am eyeballing another lever action and another "Full Size" Pistol that will be the brother to my long time "Console" gun, My 90's era Sigma.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is a harsh dictatorship, and I am the harsh dictator controlling YOUR freedom of speech. Comments are no longer moderated because of the Goolag login requirement, but must be in 100% ENGLISH. They will remain live on posts with the following exceptions: Insults, unintelligible gibberish, SPAM, ads to sell ANYTHING, and comments off topic or that add zero value. I may just leave such comments up anyway, with a reply pointing out the stupidity and making fun of the author. Comments that contain hyperlinks are allowed, but all links will be verified and bogus crap deleted. Don't just leave a comment and split, come back later because I respond to some comments and we can have a conversation.