Q: Why do I think there's a commie behind every tree?
A: BECAUSE THERE IS A FUCKING COMMIE BEHIND EVERY TREE!!


Utilize the language with the same manipulation the Commies do, using the phrase "VACCINE FREE" instead of "UNVACCINATED" or "NON-VACCINATED"

Thursday, October 28, 2021

Damn... I AM OLD!!

The text message I sent to my wife earlier this afternoon:

So, 40 years ago this weekend, 

I met a girl at a party. Her date

passed out drunk by the campfire.

Lucky me!

 

Her response:

So sweet, love you

 

So here is the whole story that spans about 2 weeks. I was 19, a year out of high school and recently home from boot camp and AIT because I was in the Army Reserves. I had broken up with my long term girlfriend a couple of months earlier, and was dating a high school senior, but we weren't all that serious. But she had been pretty much dating just me, while I casually dated 2 or 3 other girls at the time. I wasn't being a dirty dog, I just went out with whomever was available for a date, ending with nothing more than a quick smooch goodnight. Since Suzanne and I were together the most I was thinking of officially asking her out. One of her girlfriends was having a Halloween keg party/bonfire and she asked if we could go together. Perfect I thought, I will ask her after the party and we will officially become a couple.

A quick FYI.. at the time, the drinking age was 18, and everyone was either over 18 or "slightly" under. So alcohol consumption was a given. We went to the party and were having a good time. Until, this new boy at school showed up, and he was just "oh so cute!!" Suzanne and her other friend Peggy chased this kid around like two lovesick puppies, forgetting all about yours truly. I plopped down at the campfire with a Solo cup of beer by myself. Oh well I thought, I can't get mad, I guess I just should have asked Suzanne out sooner. I sat there for a while staring at the flames when something hits my shirt and lands in  my lap. I thought something fell out of one of the trees. Then something hits me again but I saw it didn't come from above but from the side. I look in the direction it came from, and this cute blonde I've never met before is sitting there eating roasted peanuts in the shell and looking all innocent. She finally looks at me and giggles. I moved a little closer to talk to her and then notice her date. He is passed out drunk lying on the ground behind her (funny side note, he is a successful real estate broker a few towns away. I can't help but think about this every time I hear about him). She is bummed because he got so drunk so fast. We exchange pleasantries and chat for a while (I don't remember about what). My mind was still on Suzanne, not trying to get a replacement. Kind of guy I am I guess. We got separated, the party ended, and I took Suzanne home.

A couple of days later Suzanne calls. She asks if I remember Brenda, and I'm like, "who's Brenda?" She reminds me about the girl I was talking to at Stephanie's Halloween party. OK, I said I remembered her now what about her. Suzanne told me Brenda really liked me, and was having a surprise birthday party at her house for Stephanie on Saturday and wanted me to come. I told Suzanne I was not going to just show up at some girl's house unless she invited me herself. The next night I get a phone call from Brenda, inviting me to her house for Stephanie's birthday party. I accept and told her I 'd be there.

I felt a little out of place, because Brenda was busy being the gracious party hostess and we didn't really get to talk one on one. She took me aside at one point and told me not to leave, but stick around until the party was over. Well I felt better and did have a good time with something to look forward to. When the party was over I helped Brenda clean up. Then she brought out her little toy poodle Baby. Baby had a broken leg in a cast because a friend of Brenda's little sister was holding the little dog and dropped her, breaking her leg. The dog was quietly resting in Brenda's bedroom during the party. We sat talking for a long time, with Baby curled up in her lap. Although she was a senior in high school, she was well over 18, and would be 19 by graduation the following spring. We decided to go on an official date the following Friday the 13th. The date meant nothing because superstitions are lost on me.

I don't remember what we did, but if I had to guess it was a movie followed by a few drinks afterwards. I remember having dinner at home with my family that night (because I did something really stupid that is a family joke to this day, and required me to have to change clothes before I went out). Brenda was so nice, so sweet, and so cute, that I fell for her big time. LOL... love at first sight but it took this dumbass two weeks to happen. We got married in August 1983. While it hasn't always been rainbows, lollipops, and unicorns, we have stayed together through good times and bad, and have an adult daughter. She's been married over 10 years herself.

 

NOTE: Names have been changed to protect the innocent.

1 comment:

  1. Great story, takes me back to the good old days. You and Brenda have us beat by two months in the marriage department, like you say, good times and bad, but after all these years we still fit together.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is a harsh dictatorship, and I am the harsh dictator controlling YOUR freedom of speech. Comments are no longer moderated because of the Goolag login requirement, but must be in 100% ENGLISH. They will remain live on posts with the following exceptions: Insults, unintelligible gibberish, SPAM, ads to sell ANYTHING, and comments off topic or that add zero value. I may just leave such comments up anyway, with a reply pointing out the stupidity and making fun of the author. Comments that contain hyperlinks are allowed, but all links will be verified and bogus crap deleted. Don't just leave a comment and split, come back later because I respond to some comments and we can have a conversation.