Q: Why do I think there's a commie behind every tree?
A: BECAUSE THERE IS A FUCKING COMMIE BEHIND EVERY TREE!!


Utilize the language with the same manipulation the Commies do, using the phrase "VACCINE FREE" instead of "UNVACCINATED" or "NON-VACCINATED"

Saturday, January 29, 2022

Storm Winding Down

Still windy and snowing, but the intensity has lessened. It's impossible to tell snow depth because of the blowing and drifting. Over the course of the day I shoveled a good 20" outside my basement door for the dogs. It kept piling up between the house and the retaining wall. The big cleanup will be tomorrow. My Blink Outdoor camera says it is 11 in my driveway.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It looks like a lot of the snow blew off the driveway, but I won't know until tomorrow morning. Cleanup will take all day.










 

This is my generator setup outside my garage all dry and secure. I have a 30' long heavy tow chain with a heavy padlock at both ends securing the generator to my deck. The exhaust faces away from the house. To run it, the tarp is rolled back on the far side leaving the whole side open. An advantage of using the shelter is how much quieter it is in the house while its running. We never lost electricity, and with the worst of the storm over, we probably won't. Murphy's Law prevailed for me once again!

5 comments:

  1. Appears to me you are in winter mode, no surprise given where we are on the calendar, good to know you and yours are well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been in "winter mode" for a while now. This is our first big storm, but we have had several smaller weather events and cold temperatures that has had snow on the ground since well before Christmas. We live in one of those places in the state where winter runs a little longer at both ends. Thanks for the well wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your gtg...

    Ice is the biggie here in Charlotte..

    Check this vid out, trash can generator shed, i recently completed my version of this..

    Mine is a tri fuel, so i connected to NG line...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xDrxrswrWU

    Be well..

    ReplyDelete
  4. @The Mad Scot: good setup except for one thing... your exhaust vent is close to the house and right below a window. There is potential for C.O. to seep into the house.

    My setup is behind my garage (not living space) and has a 30' power and separate Earth ground cables. The entire exhaust side faces away from the house to the woods, and with that side wide open there is plenty of intake and cooling airflow. Most of the time I seem to need my generator is for storms in warmer weather, where the generator just sits outside without my shelter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glypto,

    That was not my build, my generator is on the side of my garage, and the exhaust is angled down at a 45 degree slant to pavers and points away from nearest window, 15ft away...

    I planned for proper venting...

    Thank you for being observant...

    ReplyDelete

This blog is a harsh dictatorship, and I am the harsh dictator controlling YOUR freedom of speech. Comments are no longer moderated because of the Goolag login requirement, but must be in 100% ENGLISH. They will remain live on posts with the following exceptions: Insults, unintelligible gibberish, SPAM, ads to sell ANYTHING, and comments off topic or that add zero value. I may just leave such comments up anyway, with a reply pointing out the stupidity and making fun of the author. Comments that contain hyperlinks are allowed, but all links will be verified and bogus crap deleted. Don't just leave a comment and split, come back later because I respond to some comments and we can have a conversation.