Q: Why do I think there's a commie behind every tree?
A: BECAUSE THERE IS A FUCKING COMMIE BEHIND EVERY TREE!!


Utilize the language with the same manipulation the Commies do, using the phrase "VACCINE FREE" instead of "UNVACCINATED" or "NON-VACCINATED"

Thursday, March 10, 2022

Review - On Your 6 Designs Dual Mag Carrier

I decided I needed a better dual magazine carrier for my Glock 21 Gen 3 than the one I had. Made by Bianchi out of cordura nylon, it used flaps and velcro to hold the mags in place and IMHO the flaps need to be at least 1/2" longer to catch the velcro solidly. It also sat on my belt completely flat, letting me know it was there sitting all the way back in a chair or in the drivers seat of my truck. Searching for something new online, I found the offerings from On Your 6 Designs. They make holsters and mag carriers out of kydex in 12 colors and for every major manufacture. The dual mag carrier is curved to fit close to the wearer's body. And they are reasonably priced.

On March 1st I placed an order with On Your 6 Designs for a dual mag carrier, gun model Glock 20/21, left hand side, OWB, bullets facing forward, and in black, item #305013. It came to $34.01 with the 15% off first order coupon. It arrived quickly on Monday March 7th from San Antonio, TX. Since I was not off until Wednesday I had to wait until then to try it out.

I was pleased at how snug the magazines fit and click into place. When they mold it, they include indentations where the magazine catch slots are. This is my first experience with a kydex mag carrier, so they all probably do that. It comes with two sets of belt loops, 1.5" (mounted) and 1.75" in a bag with hardware. The only downside to the loops is that they are closed loops that have to be threaded onto your belt, you can't clip it on. On the other hand, it can't pop off. The loops are adjustable for cant if you wish. Me, I like it straight the way it comes. I put it on my belt and popped in 2 loaded 10 round magazines.

I wore it all day. The rig is definitey heavier (31 rounds of 230 grain JHP) than the same loadout with my Ruger SR9c compact 9mm with 3 magazines (31 rounds of 115 grain JHP), but it felt the the same because it carries so much better. I definitely like it.

Because I am so satisfied with the carrier, late yesterday I ordered a holster and dual mag carrier for the SR9c. My current mag carrier is a leather DeSantis version which does work well, but the generic leather holster for the SR9c leaves a lot to be desired. It is friction fit and has loosened up over the years. I had a $100 VISA gift card from a couple of Christmases ago and by having my cart open without checking out for so long, the standard 10% coupon became 20% off. So the holster and mag carrier came to $72.32 including shipping. I expect to see my order by the middle of next week. I'll do another review post after I wear and use the new holster and mag carrier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is a harsh dictatorship, and I am the harsh dictator controlling YOUR freedom of speech. Comments are no longer moderated because of the Goolag login requirement, but must be in 100% ENGLISH. They will remain live on posts with the following exceptions: Insults, unintelligible gibberish, SPAM, ads to sell ANYTHING, and comments off topic or that add zero value. I may just leave such comments up anyway, with a reply pointing out the stupidity and making fun of the author. Comments that contain hyperlinks are allowed, but all links will be verified and bogus crap deleted. Don't just leave a comment and split, come back later because I respond to some comments and we can have a conversation.