Q: Why do I think there's a commie behind every tree?
A: BECAUSE THERE IS A FUCKING COMMIE BEHIND EVERY TREE!!


Utilize the language with the same manipulation the Commies do, using the phrase "VACCINE FREE" instead of "UNVACCINATED" or "NON-VACCINATED"

Monday, March 21, 2022

Review - On Your 6 Designs Kydex Holster

In Friday's afternoon mail delivery was my second dual mag carrier and holster for my Ruger SR9c from On Your 6 Designs. I had previously reviewed the dual mag carrier I bought for my Glock 21 Gen 3. The one that came for the Ruger was exactly the same, just smaller in overall size for the smaller magazines. The holster was a right hand OWB for wear at my 3 o' clock.

This review is going to be about the holster. I only have a couple of other kydex holsters, so I don't have a lot of experience with them. Because I was on ambulance duty that evening, I could only try it out for a couple of hours. Just like the mag carriers, the holster is securely threaded onto your belt. If I had to respond to a call, I would have to try and un-ass the holster and mag carrier, so I switched to my IWB setup that I can ditch quickly. But I found out something I would take care of the next day.

Saturday morning, I took the holster down to my gun bench. While wearing it the afternoon before, I discovered the back end of the slide of my SR9c digging into my side a bit. The holsters, like the mag carriers are adjustable for cant. Changing the holster to a forward cant eliminated the problem. With the gun empty, I drew and re-holstered it several times. Draw was smooth and natural feeling, and when placing the gun back in, it locked into place securely with an authoritative snap. The gun did not wiggle at all in the holster. I loaded the gun, placed it in the holster, and put two loaded mags in the carrier. I covered everything with a light denim shirt for concealment and proceeded to wear the rig for the day.

Comfort was reasonable, walking around, driving, sitting in a chair while watching TV, etc. There was no forgetting I was wearing a firearm, I always knew it was there. A few times during the day, I swept my shirt back and placed my hand on the grip of the gun ready to draw. It stayed in place on my belt and was always in exactly the same spot.

Bottom line... time will tell how they hold up, but I don't anticipate any failures. I have no issue with the price. I don't mind theading the holster onto my belt, but I wish the mag carrier could go on and off easier. I may try modifying one of the three sets of 1.75" belt loops into clips, and if that works, do the same with the 1.5" loops to be permanent. If it works I'll do another post about it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is a harsh dictatorship, and I am the harsh dictator controlling YOUR freedom of speech. Comments are no longer moderated because of the Goolag login requirement, but must be in 100% ENGLISH. They will remain live on posts with the following exceptions: Insults, unintelligible gibberish, SPAM, ads to sell ANYTHING, and comments off topic or that add zero value. I may just leave such comments up anyway, with a reply pointing out the stupidity and making fun of the author. Comments that contain hyperlinks are allowed, but all links will be verified and bogus crap deleted. Don't just leave a comment and split, come back later because I respond to some comments and we can have a conversation.