Q: Why do I think there's a commie behind every tree?
A: BECAUSE THERE IS A FUCKING COMMIE BEHIND EVERY TREE!!


Utilize the language with the same manipulation the Commies do, using the phrase "VACCINE FREE" instead of "UNVACCINATED" or "NON-VACCINATED"

Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Found A Treasure In Plain Sight

It was lying in a junk drawer with other assorted miscellaneous utensils. The fact that it was tarnished is what caught my eye. I went through all the other drawers to see what else I might find. Nada.

Either a "sucket fork and spoon" or an "olive pick and spoon" in sterling silver












From what I have read "suckets" were sweetmeats or other "dainty morsels." In more modern times probably something closer to fruit cocktail. Because of the length, though, I believe it is an olive pick and spoon. A sucket spoon and fork would be closer to the length of a standard place setting fork. Also, the shape of the spoon for sucket is more elongated like a teaspoon, not round like this example. The only marking on it is on the untwisted portion of the handle just below the fork where it is stamped "STERLING" making it 92.5% silver and 7.5% copper. There are no manufacturer or proof marks making it totally unknown. The "STERLING" mark was supposedly used from 1860 to 1970 but mostly prior to 1940. Since I can't find any info on it, I'll probably just put it in my "Silver stash" of Morgan and Liberty Head silver dollars.

I do have my paternal Grandmother's silverware set I found in the basement of my Dad's house when we were cleaning it out after he passed. The felt lined box is in tough shape, but there is a complete setting for at least 12. When I get home today, I will get it out and see if it is solid silver or silver plated and to look for manufacturer and/or proof marks. It is at least plated because it is tarnished. I remember it kind of has an Art Deco looking design on the handles which makes sense since it was probably a wedding gift. My Grandparent's were married in 1922. My shithead sister absconded with my maternal Grandmother's set. I believe that was stainless steel because Nana used it at every family holiday meal and simply washed it and put it away. It was also a more modern design than the one my Memere' had.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is a harsh dictatorship, and I am the harsh dictator controlling YOUR freedom of speech. Comments are no longer moderated because of the Goolag login requirement, but must be in 100% ENGLISH. They will remain live on posts with the following exceptions: Insults, unintelligible gibberish, SPAM, ads to sell ANYTHING, and comments off topic or that add zero value. I may just leave such comments up anyway, with a reply pointing out the stupidity and making fun of the author. Comments that contain hyperlinks are allowed, but all links will be verified and bogus crap deleted. Don't just leave a comment and split, come back later because I respond to some comments and we can have a conversation.