Q: Why do I think there's a commie behind every tree?
A: BECAUSE THERE IS A FUCKING COMMIE BEHIND EVERY TREE!!


Utilize the language with the same manipulation the Commies do, using the phrase "VACCINE FREE" instead of "UNVACCINATED" or "NON-VACCINATED"

Monday, August 22, 2022

Recent Photos

First up, a Chinook CH-47 that was directly overhead flying due east while I was outside the firehouse on Tuesday morning August 2nd. I heard the low thumpity-thump before he came over the trees to the west. I barely had time to get my cell phone up to get the photo before he went over the firehouse, although I could have run down the ramp to keep him in view.













Next up, my brand new 5.11 ATAC 3.0 boots for work. 5.11 went and changed model numbers since I last ordered, meaning I had to send back the ATAC 2.0 boots I got by mistake. The ATAC 2.0 no longer have the composite toe or sole penetration protection, they are more like station boots not emergency response boots. The ATAC 3.0 boots are a new and improved version and really comfy. Composite toe, sole protection, waterproof, side zipper for quick on/off, and the uppers are resistant to bloodborne pathogens. Of course, that is why they were like $40 cheaper which should have tipped me off to look closer. 5.11 paid for the return shipping, so props to them. I used to wear Haix Hero boots, but they are stupid expensive and need to be resoled every couple of years. I have one pair that I haven't worn since being resoled and I keep them clean and put away for wearing a duty uniform at a ceremony. The last pair of 5.11's lasted me three years of hard duty, and will still have some life left after I put in a new pair of Dr. Scholl's insole for work boots.





















Third, a shot of the business end of the magazine for my 45 Shield and the Hornady Critical Defense 185gr .45 ACP rounds I carry. In a full size gun like my Glock 21 Gen 3, I have the heavier 230gr SIG V-Crown, but in a more compact gun I like the lighter bullet for more velocity and better expansion. The Shield mag is what is referred to as "stack and a half" which gives the 45 Shield a slim profile, the capacity of a full-size 1911,  without the bulk of a double-stack.





















Finally, a photo of nothing but gratuitous "cuteness." A peacock chick with its Mommy at the petting zoo area on the grounds of the 6th generation Rich Family farm and their We-Li-Kit ice cream stand in Abington. Their farm made hard ice cream is the best in the area IMHO. It took several attempts to get a picture because of the fence and the chick hiding on the other side of the mother. Daddy (he was just out of frame on the left) was magnificent even though he wasn't displaying his plumage.



No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is a harsh dictatorship, and I am the harsh dictator controlling YOUR freedom of speech. Comments are no longer moderated because of the Goolag login requirement, but must be in 100% ENGLISH. They will remain live on posts with the following exceptions: Insults, unintelligible gibberish, SPAM, ads to sell ANYTHING, and comments off topic or that add zero value. I may just leave such comments up anyway, with a reply pointing out the stupidity and making fun of the author. Comments that contain hyperlinks are allowed, but all links will be verified and bogus crap deleted. Don't just leave a comment and split, come back later because I respond to some comments and we can have a conversation.