Q: Why do I think there's a commie behind every tree?
A: BECAUSE THERE IS A FUCKING COMMIE BEHIND EVERY TREE!!


Utilize the language with the same manipulation the Commies do, using the phrase "VACCINE FREE" instead of "UNVACCINATED" or "NON-VACCINATED"

Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Gas Cans

I had a discussion about Jerry Cans with two brothers that are friends of mine the other day. A guy they know is selling off his "stuff" and has a pile of WWII era cans. I related that I have several modern NATO surplus ones for my generator, and the older brother asked if I wanted to buy any. I declined because of their age, probable condition of the insides, and my spout won't fit. The older version has a screw on cap retained by a chain. Mine have the smaller opening with a lever operated cap and a locking pin. My spout mounts to the opening in place of the cap. These containers are forbidden to be sold in Kommiecticut by state law courtesy of the environazis that prefer safety cans that spill gas all over. Some companies don't give a shit and sell them anyway with a disclaimer about not using them for fuel. HA!

Today I read a couple of blog posts on Commander Zero about gas cans, prompting me to want to buy more for myself. I went to where I bought them from before, Lexington Container out of Kentucky. Not only were they HOLY SHIT! expensive ($79.99 for a 5 gallon can), but every version of their NATO Jerry can was out of stock. Then I saw the link in this post and checked it out. Such a deal! Four brand new cans for $179.95, and my math says just under $45 per can, which is less than what I paid several years ago. They don't play tax collector for Kommiecticut so add only the $23.83 for regular ground shipping and they are supposed to be here by Friday. That will give me 50 gallons of safely stored on hand gasoline down in my barn. All my gas is treated with Sta-Bil 360 and the cans are tagged. All the gas is cycled out and replaced every 6 months or so, and the generator tank is completely emptied and refilled once per year. Gas treated with Sta-Bil 360 can supposedly go two years, but I don't risk it. My generator starts right up and runs smoothly every time. 

As soon as they arrive and I inspect them, and they are as promised, they will get the Glypto Thumbs Up Endorsement. Stay tuned. 


UPDATE 11-30-22: It's official... The Glypto Thumbs Up Endorsement for these cans and roverparts.com. My Jerry Cans arrived this afternoon, but were delivered to Mrs. Bitchy McBitchy Bitchface's my neighbor's house. In a strange twist of personality, she actually brought my large package down and placed it in front of my garage door. I spoke to her over my Blink Outdoor camera. She asked if she should leave it in front of the garage and I told her that would be fine, and that I would be home in a few minutes to retrieve it. I thanked her for doing that and will also send her a hand written "Thank You" card. I then filed a complaint with FEDEX when I got back to the firehouse. The box was completely broken open spilling out the contents and soaking wet from the pouring rain, besides delivering to the wrong address. Luckily, none of the Jerry Cans were damaged. Unfortunately I had to give them one star out of five, because you can't leave a zero on a survey. Out here FEDEX drivers are contractors that do a shitty job with a simple task like delivery, and they drive like fucking maniacs.

UPDATE 12-1-22: Text of the "Thank You" card to my neighbor:

 Neighbor's Name

Thank you so much for bringing my misdelivered package down to
my house. I especially appreciate the extra effort it took in
terrible weather because it was large as well as damaged and
hard to handle. Fortunately the items inside were a little wet
but not damaged.

I slammed FEDEX in a delivery survey for their address screw up
and damaging my package. We'll see if it helps.

My Name

7 comments:

  1. If I’m not mistaken, the lever operated cap with a white porcelain inside were originally water cans. We had screw on caps until the jeeps were replaced by he hummers. You should have bought the lot, I have a few and there still better than anything you can buy today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That may be, but nope. The OD Green ones that I already own have no porcelin on the cap, just a fuel-proof rubber gasket and the same coating that the main body has inside. The older brother told me the cans are really only good for display. Any I have ever seen from that era were rusty and beat to shit. I also have the flexible metal spout that is about 14" long and makes dispensing fuel easy and fast. I can empty a full one in about 90 seconds without spilling a drop.

      Delete
  2. RE: Stabil.

    I have a number of NATO fuel cans. One in particular, I filled in 2012, double dose of Stabil. Opened it up last year thinking the worst, but the gasoline smelled fresh as new.

    The thing is the seal on the can. If the seal is good, the fuel cannot oxidize. If you get cans from the link, and they fart when you open them, you are good to go. My 10 year old gas was just fine.

    YMMV, but the NATO cans are worth the money, provided you get good ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought the same deal you did, courtesy of Zero's thoughtful heads up. Took 2 days to get here. Good service! Btw just found your blog recently. I like it. I did my time in CT but left decades ago when I started to smell the commie rot settling in. Too late for you to escape??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine arrived the next day. Clifton Park is north of Albany so they didn't have to go far and they processed and shipped the order immediately.

      Too late to escape Kommiecticut? No. The problem is that my wife will not go. I told her that if she goes before me, in between funeral arrangements will be a huge moving sale and listing with a realtor. I would be out of here that fast.

      Delete
    2. Has she seen the beauty of any of the free states? I get it though. My family still is thereabouts and won't budge. The devil you know and all that, I suppose.
      UBAZ

      Delete
    3. Oh yes indeed. We have been all over this great country, and for comparison been to Europe twice. There is no place better than the Free States USA. She just doesn't experience the day to day loss of freedoms that I do. Plus, she's reactive not proactive. Something really bad like losing her career might push her to leave. I have wanted out since 1991.

      Delete

This blog is a harsh dictatorship, and I am the harsh dictator controlling YOUR freedom of speech. Comments are no longer moderated because of the Goolag login requirement, but must be in 100% ENGLISH. They will remain live on posts with the following exceptions: Insults, unintelligible gibberish, SPAM, ads to sell ANYTHING, and comments off topic or that add zero value. I may just leave such comments up anyway, with a reply pointing out the stupidity and making fun of the author. Comments that contain hyperlinks are allowed, but all links will be verified and bogus crap deleted. Don't just leave a comment and split, come back later because I respond to some comments and we can have a conversation.