Q: Why do I think there's a commie behind every tree?
A: BECAUSE THERE IS A FUCKING COMMIE BEHIND EVERY TREE!!


Utilize the language with the same manipulation the Commies do, using the phrase "VACCINE FREE" instead of "UNVACCINATED" or "NON-VACCINATED"

Sunday, April 2, 2023

A Planned Evening At The Range

I finally got around to buying a shot timer I have been wanting since last fall. While I am confident in my marksmanship skills, I had no way to increase my speed while maintaining my proficiency and accuracy. I did try a shot timer app on my phone but it totally sucked. Too hard to adjust the sound input, too hard to use, feature poor, and the start beep volume was too low. I purchased the Competition Electronics ProTimer Shot Timer from MidwayUSA.com for $154.99

Competition Electronics ProTimer




















Specifications:

  • Operating Temperature: 30-110 degrees Fahrenheit
  • Accuracy: +/- .01 seconds
  • Max # of Shots Per String: 70
  • Max # of Strings in Memory: 50
  • Max # of Rounds per Minute: 1800
  • Max # of Par Time Beeps: 5
  • Start Delay Range: .1 to 9.90 seconds
  • Backlight On Time Range: 0-99 seconds
  • Beeper Output: 1.5 Khz, 100dB, 200 msec duration
  • LED Output: 850 mcd, 200 msec duration
  • Max Time Limit: 199.9 seconds before wraparound
  • Average Battery Life: 25 hours of operation
  • Power Consumption: See page page 14 of the operating manual
  • Battery Type: 9 volt alkaline or lithium

 

Features

  • Built-in 50 string memory and on-screen review, numbered in chronological order with date/time stamp. Stores all shot string data including hit factor scoring info
  • Built-in Hit Factor (points per second) scoring on-screen, after shooting a stage you can navigate to the scoring screen and enter your “points down” to get your hit factor. Once you have entered your total stage points, it is carried over to new strings until you change it
  • Up to 5 Par time settings for multiple beeper alerts at specified time intervals
  • Increased sensitivity capability that can pick up the snap of a finger
  • Start signal LED, bright white 850mcd LED can be used for an alternative start signal. Excellent for hearing impaired or a private practice session. This can be disabled via the menu settings
  • 3.5mm headset jack with adjustable volume, now you can use a set of earbuds (not included) instead of the beeper so others don’t hear the timer
  • Bright blue backlit LCD screen positioned for easy viewing from your belt
  • 2 year warranty against defects in material and workmanship, and a 1/2 retail price repair guarantee
  • Over 30 years of experience in shot timer design and manufacturing
  • Replaceable Alkaline or Lithium 9 volt battery power (not included) for 20+ hours of operation
  • Quality accessories and replacement parts

 

BONUS!!! Made In United States of America

 

I also sprung for the protective soft-sided carrying case for another $12.99
















In order to maximize my shooting practice instead of fucking around trying to learn how to use the timer, I plan on heading to my range after shift on Tuesday evening. I will be shooting my Browning Buckmark URX in .22LR so as not to expend my precious handloaded target ammo. I will have plenty of time to learn how make the timer do what I need it to do. Right now, I have no idea what my draw to first shot time is, or the timing of my follow up shots. Going forward, I will be able to do some timed drills that require X number of shots in X amount of time on target. I will do a follow up post as a review of the timer some time this week.

2 comments:

  1. Two excellent moves. 1 will improve your skills the other will allow you to do it for a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps As my instructors preach constantly, dry fire, dry fire dry fire. So when I do poorly I blame it on all the dry fire I (don't) do

    ReplyDelete

This blog is a harsh dictatorship, and I am the harsh dictator controlling YOUR freedom of speech. Comments are no longer moderated because of the Goolag login requirement, but must be in 100% ENGLISH. They will remain live on posts with the following exceptions: Insults, unintelligible gibberish, SPAM, ads to sell ANYTHING, and comments off topic or that add zero value. I may just leave such comments up anyway, with a reply pointing out the stupidity and making fun of the author. Comments that contain hyperlinks are allowed, but all links will be verified and bogus crap deleted. Don't just leave a comment and split, come back later because I respond to some comments and we can have a conversation.