Q: Why do I think there's a commie behind every tree?
A: BECAUSE THERE IS A FUCKING COMMIE BEHIND EVERY TREE!!


Utilize the language with the same manipulation the Commies do, using the phrase "VACCINE FREE" instead of "UNVACCINATED" or "NON-VACCINATED"

Thursday, July 13, 2023

Afternoon Earworm

After my post the other day talking about riding The Beast while digging the `70's tunes on my bike's sound system, this just popped into my head this afternoon and I had to hear the whole thing.


An unknown live performance of "No Matter What" by Badfinger. This is the hardest rockin' tune of their hits.





 

Because I loved their songs and sound in my youth (and still do), some more Badfinger. Another live performance, this one is "Baby Blue"



Next up a song I never realized was theirs. I always thought Harry Nilsson wrote it and performed it first. But it was Badfinger and "Without You." Nilsson's version is so much more mournful and sad. This almost sounds sarcastic and like good riddance to the bitch!


 

And what I always think of as their biggest hit IMHO, "Day After Day"


 

 

 

Finally, "Come And Get It"


 


Hope you enjoyed these. Let me know in the comments section.

4 comments:

  1. Enjoyed every song. Underrated for sure. Thanks for the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That slide work in Day after Day always gets me in the feels. Thanks for posting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a growing desire to play slide on a resonator and learn me some Delta Blues. Perhaps after retirement. I do have my Mom's 1940's vintage electric Regal lap steel with matching amplifier that I restored. I need to restring it for rock instead of Hawaiian and I can start on that before getting a resonator.

      Delete

This blog is a harsh dictatorship, and I am the harsh dictator controlling YOUR freedom of speech. Comments are no longer moderated because of the Goolag login requirement, but must be in 100% ENGLISH. They will remain live on posts with the following exceptions: Insults, unintelligible gibberish, SPAM, ads to sell ANYTHING, and comments off topic or that add zero value. I may just leave such comments up anyway, with a reply pointing out the stupidity and making fun of the author. Comments that contain hyperlinks are allowed, but all links will be verified and bogus crap deleted. Don't just leave a comment and split, come back later because I respond to some comments and we can have a conversation.