Q: Why do I think there's a commie behind every tree?
A: BECAUSE THERE IS A FUCKING COMMIE BEHIND EVERY TREE!!


Utilize the language with the same manipulation the Commies do, using the phrase "VACCINE FREE" instead of "UNVACCINATED" or "NON-VACCINATED"

Monday, August 19, 2024

Oh No, Not Another FUDD!

This past Saturday evening we had a bonfire at my house and had several friends over. Because of work, weather, wildfire conditions, and activities requiring us to get up early the next day, this is the first one we've had all year. I started burning late morning, by lighting off the brush pile that has filled my fire pit since last fall. I continued to feed the pit with downed tree limbs supplemented by firewood. My stack of firewood was pretty wet, forcing me to place firewood standing on end inside the rock fire ring to dry out before being placed on the fire pile. As the firewood dried out and put on the fire it was replaced with more wet wood. Every now and then a few seconds of forced air with my hand held leaf blower turning it into a blast furnace ensured the fire kept burning well all night long. I'll pre-dry a quantity of firewood before the next fire.

What prompted this post is finding out someone in the fire service I have known for 40 years is a raging FUDD and a BUTTER and I never knew it. In case you're new to my blog, or firearms, or The Second Amendment, here's a couple of definitions:

FUDD:  Especially those veterans that spout their anti-gun views because "muh service"










BUTTER:  "I believe in The Second Amendment, BUT nobody needs/should have ______"















I am a Second Amendment absolutist, meaning if you can afford it, you should be able to purchase it, straight from the manufacturer WITHOUT ANY GOVERNMENT KNOWLEDGE OR INTERFERENCE. And I do mean EVERYTHING! F-15 fighters, nuclear powered submarines, M1 Abrams tanks, Blackhawk helicopters, etc. Every single federal, state, or local gun law that prevents, prohibits, or otherwise restricts ownership or use of ANY ARMS is an infringement. PERIOD. FULL STOP. The ATF should be immediately disbanded and dissolved, and every employee from the janitor to the director should be put on trial for crimes against American Citizens. And no, The Second Amendment wasn't written to protect hunting and target shooting, but to prevent a tyrannical out of control government. All enemies, foreign and domestic so The Oath goes.

We were seated around the fire and there were several conversations going on. The individual that is the subject of this post was seated next to me. His wife usually comes but she was under the weather. All of a sudden I get a text from a member of my sportsman's club that lives in town. He had fallen at his house and injured himself earlier in the day requiring EMS transport to the hospital. He texted me and asked (jokingly) why I wasn't there when he needed me. I explained I wasn't on duty, but as a joke I would send him my schedule so he only hurts himself when I am working. A guy sitting across from us is also a member of my FD and my sportsman's club. I told him who got hurt, which prompted my friend next to me to ask "Oh, you belong to a shooting range?" I told him I did and that I am the club secretary. He starts telling me he had bought a 9mm pistol years ago but hasn't fired it yet. I asked him if he was carrying it (bad idea if you are not intimately familiar with a firearm for EDC)? He said no, he never would, it's just for the house. I told him he should join me at my range and shoot it, and that I carry all the time. Oh boy, that's when all the FUDD rhetoric spewed forth. He said he'd never carry because it is so restrictive. I told him we live in a stupid clown world and the stupid can find you anywhere, so I carry everywhere regardless, including across state lines. Then he voiced his support for a total "assault weapons" ban because "nobody needs such a thing." I told him no one should be determining the needs of others. Boy he really lit up at the mention of infringements against The Second Amendment, and said something like "screw the Second Amendment it was written for muskets and I am sick of hearing about The Constitution." Wow.... I knew right there that this conversation was potentially not going to remain civil, and used the pause to get up and add firewood to the fire, just dropping the whole subject. I value his friendship more than trying to convince him at 77 years old how wrong he is. The rest of the evening was enjoyable and he actually left the gathering first.


This is the root picture used on X to create FUDD memes. Ol' Pop-Pop wearing a blaze orange hunter cap. The number of firearms I own would be derogatorily called an "arsenal" and the several cubic feet of ammo called a "cache" by such an individual.









 

"I have a .22 rifle, a bolt action .30-06, and a shotgun. That''s all that anyone ever needs. Concealed handguns are the tool of the criminal"

I actually had a FUDD (a former chief of my department) say those very words. But then he would go on to say that a .45 ACP 1911 was the best handgun because he killed a guy in Vietnam with one, and 9mm anything was crap. I tried to explain modern 9mm ammo and handguns are nothing like what the Germans used with their Lugers. He didn't care to discuss it so asked him if I could just shoot him with the 9mm I carry. He was not amused and called me a fucking idiot for carrying a gun all the time. I told him maybe he was the fucking idiot for not carrying a tool to defend himself, because a concealed firearm in a proper holster harms no one. Another conversation ended by me walking away.

14 comments:

  1. Don't be a Fudd....................

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never tell a FUDD, you carry everywhere, friendship or not, he will tell someone about you. Additionally he will be the first at your doorstep, if/when something happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Brian: Certainly good advice if you know ahead of time. I was caught by surprise in this case.

      Delete
  3. I'm a gun owner but, I sure want a cannon. This is the only acceptable use of "I'm a gun owner but..."

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Angus McThag: I will accept that usage and use it in the future when I get the statement "I believe in The Second Amendment, but... "

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sadly, in the almost anarchist society that prevails in many locations, the unpolite should have rocket launchers, hand grenades, fully automatic weapons and artillery, There is absolutely no protection for the honest citizens, and they should have the ability to protect from whatever may arrive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whether our own homegrown tyrant goon squads, or imported blue helmet rapists.... they will all be providing many of the weapons we desire but don't have at the moment.

      Delete
  6. Hey Glypto,'

    I have had people throw Tampon Tim at me as a veteran and that he supports the 2nd amendments because he was wearing hunting clothes. I commented "Besides being a blue falcon, the shitbirds a fvcking fudd" I have no use for the man. it went downhill after that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Mr. Garabaldi: John Fucking Kerry tried that in Ohio, too. Remember "Can I get me a huntin' license hee-yah?"

    ReplyDelete

This blog is a harsh dictatorship, and I am the harsh dictator controlling YOUR freedom of speech. Comments are no longer moderated because of the Goolag login requirement, but must be in 100% ENGLISH. They will remain live on posts with the following exceptions: Insults, unintelligible gibberish, SPAM, ads to sell ANYTHING, and comments off topic or that add zero value. I may just leave such comments up anyway, with a reply pointing out the stupidity and making fun of the author. Comments that contain hyperlinks are allowed, but all links will be verified and bogus crap deleted. Don't just leave a comment and split, come back later because I respond to some comments and we can have a conversation.