Q: Why do I think there's a commie behind every tree?
A: BECAUSE THERE IS A FUCKING COMMIE BEHIND EVERY TREE!! And on every college campus and at every level in government.


Just wait until those of us that just wanted to be left alone are forced to get involved.

Wednesday, October 7, 2026

The Pros & Cons

As the title says, but in reference to no longer being associated with the fire department in any way, shape, manner, or form. Because of slowly telling my story to people, I have come to a realization. Why did I , the fireman with the most seniority receive a summary termination for denting the front bumper of one of the department's apparatus, when that truck is still drivable? And a newer employee while still on probation had TWO INSTANCES of causing similar damage in less than a month but still has a job? Well, first of all no labor union, but I bet that's gonna change in less than a year. One word sums it up regarding me.... PAYBACK! Let me explain.

There are actually two reasons that they were pissed at me and used my fender bender as the final excuse to terminate me. First of all, I called them out at a regular meeting for illegal votes to change department by-laws. There were not enough eligible voters (I was one of only a couple of people that met the requirements at the meeting) to have a quorum and therefore vote on company matters. So what did they do? They raised a motion to suspend the rules on voter eligibility, that was seconded and then passed it WITH THE INELIGIBLE VOTERS VOTING FOR IT!!! They then moved forward and voted on the by-law change which of course passed. I and a couple of others voted no on the motion and then the by-law change. I equate these shenanigans to cops robbing a bank and then doing the investigation on themselves into the robbery. Well, I called them out on it, and questioned the whole thing at the regular meeting, and basically got shrugged shoulders. But I got it on the record and in the minutes and in the event things end up in the public, then being called into question, and finally an investigation the attorneys will have an easy time with discovery. I was going to lawyer up to fight it and make it public, but a wise person told me to sit tight and let the chips fall where they may. I have had many instances in my life where Karma came calling and dealt an actual death blow to those that deserved it. I took his advice.

The second thing was NOT supporting the monster budget increase the FD was asking for because fireman or not, I am ALWAYS a taxpayer first and foremost. The majority of career staff on small departments live out of town, and of course support the budget increase because it benefits them directly. We were "encouraged" to attend all town budget meetings wearing FD uniforms. The FD increased their long stable budget last year by about $200K. The proposal this year? An additional $500K. Like last year, not a one-time increase but a FOREVER increase. My problem wasn't with the concepts and plans, but with the residents that continually vote against all development, large and small that could pay for these big ambitions. This kind of nonsense happens in small towns all around Kommiecticut. I have said the following to many people several times "Fuck these townspeople! They do not deserve the FD we are offering and they are supporting after repeatedly voting against any development that could pay for it. They just want to rape my wallet again and again for everything!!" On the day of the referendum I had to work so I was there early, being the first in line. My ballot was the first one in the tabulator and I voted NO on all the referendum questions. Of course it passed anyway. Going forward now that I am no longer being in the FD, I will publicly rail against the budget increases and scold the townspeople for squashing all development that could pay for their wet dreams.

Now to the Pros & Cons List. I am on the 3rd week of my new job and 6th week of total civilian life. It is fucking awesome.

Pros

  • My work week is Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 4:30 PM 
  • I get up at a reasonable hour, get all ready for work (I make lunch the night before so I just have to pack it in my cooler in the morning) and leave for work at 7:30 AM arriving at 7:45 AM with plenty of time to get ready for the work day
  • I stop work right where I am no matter what I am doing, punch out at 4:30 PM, and I'm home 15 minutes later. The next day I pick up right where I left off. 
  • Overtime is at a minimum and would be scheduled. There are no "shift hold overs", mandatory call-ins on days off, and days of storm standby
  • There are no "call backs" for big emergencies 
  • I only have to pack lunch, not 3 meals plus snacks in a ginormous cooler
  • Lunch time is ALWAYS uninterrupted because I punch out off the clock. There are no emergencies in my line of work
  • I can ride my motorcycle to work on any nice day I want. I might ride it for the first time tomorrow!
  • I sleep in my own bed with my wife every night
  • That sleep is not disturbed by emergencies, bullshit calls, or the 1:30 AM alerts that a hospital we never go to is on some type of diversion
  • The work is hard and physical, but fun and interesting and I am learning a lot.
  • My boss has big plans for me to be an integral part of the operation and respects what I do and know. Of course I have demonstrated my claimed abilities 
  • I have the opportunity to make so much more money faster with way less aggravation

 Cons

  • That FD has been part of my life for the past 21 years and they discarded me like last week's leftovers. I am still angry, hurt, and sad over the situation. The termination was actually the 4th and final "kick in the balls" from them since early June
  •  While I am getting the same hourly rate, I am not getting the overtime. That said, the person doing the FD schedule had been loading it up favoring himself. I was supposed to get 48 hours per week, but that wasn't happening. Maybe 42 hours if I was lucky? Same for others. Meanwhile, he would give himself 60-72 hours a week. That was supposed to change this month but Jimmy cracked corn and I don't care.
  • My EMT license expires in 2028. I am not sure I will renew it. The same goes for keeping up my CDL which I have been assured for now I won't need for work.
  • No scheduled days off mid-week. I only have my evenings and weekends free for things like home projects, range days, or Patriot Guard. 

 

So as you can see, the pros well outweigh the cons when I sit down and write them out. Since I no longer have a distinctive red pickup truck that everyone knew and could see coming from a mile away, I can drive by the firehouse and move about town anonymously in a nondescript SUV unnoticed. When I do end up some place where there are those I wish to avoid, I just stay in my vehicle until the coast is clear or drive by and return later. I also purged my phone of all FD contacts, hospital ER's, PD's, and other FD associated agencies. If anyone does try to call, my call blocking app will immediately send them to VM. Whether I call them back will depend on what kinda mood I'm in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is a harsh dictatorship, and I am the harsh dictator controlling YOUR freedom of speech. Comments are no longer moderated because of the Goolag login requirement, but are monitored by me and I will decide if they stay. Comments must be in 100% ENGLISH. They will remain live on posts with the following exceptions: Insults, unintelligible gibberish, SPAM, ads to sell ANYTHING, and comments off topic or that add zero value. I may just leave such comments up anyway, with a reply pointing out the stupidity and making fun of the author. Comments that contain hyperlinks are allowed, but all links will be verified and bogus crap deleted. Don't just leave a comment and split, come back later because I respond to some comments and we can have a conversation.