Q: Why do I think there's a commie behind every tree?
A: BECAUSE THERE IS A FUCKING COMMIE BEHIND EVERY TREE!!


Utilize the language with the same manipulation the Commies do, using the phrase "VACCINE FREE" instead of "UNVACCINATED" or "NON-VACCINATED"

Monday, September 27, 2021

Another Firearms "Expert" Has a Negligent Discharge

 Hartford PD Deputy Chief under investigation for firearm discharge

Another shining example of the 90% from the "90-7-3 Rule" pertaining to law enforcement and firearms. I can't be too harsh on her though, because I had an N.D. once myself. Once. As in that was my "ONE." Luckily I was by myself, and the round went harmlessly into the ground. But talk about being scared straight, and that was almost 40 years ago. I never take a cleared weapon for granted, and I never pull the trigger unless A) I am about to fire, or B) it is required for disassembly, in which case C) the muzzle is pointed in a safe direction. As a refresher on the 90-7-3 Rule:

  • 90% of LEO have one firearm, their duty weapon, which they begrudgingly qualify with once a year. They do not hunt, target shoot, plink, or compete off duty. In the event of a justified shooting, they will empty their magazine towards the perp and maybe hit them. IMHO, there should be no more than one or two shots fired, and unless the bad guy is wearing body armor, should result in a fatality every time. I am sure Deputy Chief Sonia Watson is one of these.
  • 7% of LEO do own and use firearms outside of their normal duties. They will hunt, target shoot, plink and maybe even compete at a lower level by shooting clays, silhouette, bullseye, or at a turkey shoot. They might load their own ammo.
  • 3% of LEO are truly firearms experts. They most likely grew up with firearms and served in the military. On the job they are instructors for other LEO and may be members of tactical teams. Not only do they participate in all types of recreation with firearms, they probably compete at a high level shooting like 3-Gun, Military, IPSC and IPDA. They are NRA safety instructors, Range Safety Officers, and belong to the local sportsman's club, teaching the civilian population firearms safety. They may even be advanced hand loaders, gunsmiths, and hold an FFL.

I am personally somewhere between the 7% and 3%. I'd like to get NRA certified as an instructor, but it is difficult and expensive to do here in Kommiecticut. To make it worth your while, you have to commit to holding regular classes like a side business, and I am not interested in doing that.

Don' Be Like This Guy!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Glypto;

    Check with the Boy Scouts, that is how I got my certifications at a much reduced price and I agree to teach up to 4 classes or events in 2 years. I am NRA certified in Rifle, Pistol and shotgun and an instructor for each. I teach Boy Scouts to shoot and handle firearms safely. You can check up there in your area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ended my many years long affiliation with them when they decided to knuckle under to the early machinations of the woke crowd. IMHO, they have totally destroyed an important institution and I will not be part of whatever it is now. I was never involved with them as a kid, only as an adult as a liason between the BSA and the FD and as a merit badge counselor teaching First Aid and Emergency Preparedness. I went on all their trips and activities as an adult leader and EMT.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is a harsh dictatorship, and I am the harsh dictator controlling YOUR freedom of speech. Comments are no longer moderated because of the Goolag login requirement, but must be in 100% ENGLISH. They will remain live on posts with the following exceptions: Insults, unintelligible gibberish, SPAM, ads to sell ANYTHING, and comments off topic or that add zero value. I may just leave such comments up anyway, with a reply pointing out the stupidity and making fun of the author. Comments that contain hyperlinks are allowed, but all links will be verified and bogus crap deleted. Don't just leave a comment and split, come back later because I respond to some comments and we can have a conversation.