Q: Why do I think there's a commie behind every tree?
A: BECAUSE THERE IS A FUCKING COMMIE BEHIND EVERY TREE!!


Utilize the language with the same manipulation the Commies do, using the phrase "VACCINE FREE" instead of "UNVACCINATED" or "NON-VACCINATED"

Sunday, November 14, 2021

Sportsmans Club Field/Range Day Event

Lots of work, but lots of fun. As noted in the previous post, its a new event for the club so the bugs need to be worked out before taking it public. I started the day working in the kitchen at 09:00 and we started serving food at 11:30. I had a bowl of venison chili and a bowl of pheasant noodle soup. About 12:15 I drove out to the rifle/pistol range for the bullseye event. There was a little delay in getting the contest official out to the range. In the meantime, we just started taking turns shooting at the permanent steel plates until he came out. Shooting a .22 with open sights was the first event, and because I was ready to go I was up first. I paid for 5 targets. You got two shots at each one. Targets were an "X" on a 4x6 index card at 10 yards. I shot off-hand as was told. I didn't do as bad as I thought I would and only shot two of my five targets to let others shoot alternatively. The next two shooters (one was the contest official) used a two hand grip. I asked the official about it. Turns out, he didn't actually mean off-hand, he meant no rest or other brace could be used. Well... that changes everything! When my turn came up again, I used a Modified Weaver Stance and plunked my rounds on the center of the "X" of my 3 remaining targets. When the entire group was finished, I was declared the clear winner. That put a $15 prize in my pocket. Had I not been working in the kitchen, I might have used the prize money to buy additional rounds. Some of those people were both terrible shots, and/or using an inappropriate firearm for this type of competition. A sub-compact 9mm EDC might be OK for a practical shooting meet, but not for bullseye. Some shooters didn't even hit the 4x6 card. Instead, I pocketed $10 and bought raffle tickets with the rest. I NEVER win raffles, and this was no different. So a $5 donation to the club.

After shooting I returned to the clubhouse. Since the food was out buffet style and there was plenty put out, I made a venison sausage and peppers grinder and took over running the raffles. I stayed until the very end putting away the leftovers and washing pots and pans. Plenty of members (myself included) took food home. My wife who doesn't normally like game, had a plate of venison sausage and peppers for supper. I was still full from earlier so I just stowed my guns, ammo, and shooting supplies. I'll maybe clean my pistols some night this week after work.

My club is sometimes jokingly referred to as the town militia. As you can imagine, such a group has no love at all for politicians of any stripe (not that there's much of a difference* anyway). The conversations I overheard today make me realize I am in good company.

 

*IMHO... Demon-Craps want to take the country over a cliff to total destruction at 100 MPH. Repubicans want to do it at 75.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I am Fred Horn of Vern's Stories site. I have added your blog to my blogroll, if you would please add me to yours I would appreciate it. I read your site daily, I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fred,

    Your blog feed has been added as requested. I like your content.

    G.D.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is a harsh dictatorship, and I am the harsh dictator controlling YOUR freedom of speech. Comments are no longer moderated because of the Goolag login requirement, but must be in 100% ENGLISH. They will remain live on posts with the following exceptions: Insults, unintelligible gibberish, SPAM, ads to sell ANYTHING, and comments off topic or that add zero value. I may just leave such comments up anyway, with a reply pointing out the stupidity and making fun of the author. Comments that contain hyperlinks are allowed, but all links will be verified and bogus crap deleted. Don't just leave a comment and split, come back later because I respond to some comments and we can have a conversation.