Q: Why do I think there's a commie behind every tree?
A: BECAUSE THERE IS A FUCKING COMMIE BEHIND EVERY TREE!!


Utilize the language with the same manipulation the Commies do, using the phrase "VACCINE FREE" instead of "UNVACCINATED" or "NON-VACCINATED"

Sunday, November 14, 2021

Yesterdays Goings On

My sportsmans club is having a range field day today. It is a trial run of a new type of event to take the place of the old Turkey Shoots that all got cancelled last year because of Wuhan/Chi-Com Flu. Since this is the first run of a new event, it was not publicized so it is mostly club members and those who know by word of mouth. I will be working in the kitchen as what's known in the club as a "kitchen bitch" but I don't care what its called. Pheasant stew/soup, venison chili, and venison brats with pasta. Because I plan to participate and shoot as well, I wanted to make sure the two .22 pistols I plan on using have proper zero. I use a zero hold and set them both to 25 yards while on a rest. I then checked them again to see where they hit at the 10 yard competition mark. Boy do I need new glasses, but I knew that. On the rest I chewed up the target center real good. My real problem came trying to shoot off-hand which I haven't done in I don't know how many years. I severely injured my right shoulder in a fall on ice in 2014 and never got it fixed. The discomfort and tremors put my shots all over the target. Oh well, at least I know it ain't the gun.

The weather has been warmer than normal, and broke when a strong cold front swept the state late yesterday afternoon with heavy thunderstorms. As the front crossed my area, they intensified. The pea-sized hail that furiously came down was like salt from a giant salt shaker. It piled up on my deck and stayed there for a while after the storms passed because it got so cold. As the front marched east, my weather radio went off for tornado warnings for eastern Kommiecticut and Rhode Island. The National Weather Service will be in the state today to investigate reports of tornadoes and damage. We thankfully suffered no damage and never lost electricity.

Yesterday was the 40th Anniversary of our first date. I asked my wife out on a date last night to commemorate the anniversary. She was surprised and thought it was sweet of me to ask. We went to Bidwell's Tavern in Coventry, which is one of the places we would go when we were dating that is still around. It would be a shame if they were gone, since they opened in 1822. Anyway, instead of the wings they are known for, we opted for nice dinners. The wife had prime rib and I had their meatloaf. Delicious. We washed it down with beers, and topped it off with a shared piece of turtle cheescake. When we got home, we watched the "Jungle Cruise" movie on my daughter's Disney+ account. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Glypto;

    Thanks for the idea, I mentioned to the spousal unit that January 23rd is coming up, it is the 28th anniversary of our first date at Chucky Cheese, (Her Nephew's 6th birthday party), and I asked her if she wanted to repeat the experience....The look I got was priceless, well besides the area is *da hood* now, we would stand out like raisins in a ricebowl. We will find a nice restaurant in the area like Olive garden or something, the restaurants we used to go are all gone. (It was the salad days)

    ReplyDelete

This blog is a harsh dictatorship, and I am the harsh dictator controlling YOUR freedom of speech. Comments are no longer moderated because of the Goolag login requirement, but must be in 100% ENGLISH. They will remain live on posts with the following exceptions: Insults, unintelligible gibberish, SPAM, ads to sell ANYTHING, and comments off topic or that add zero value. I may just leave such comments up anyway, with a reply pointing out the stupidity and making fun of the author. Comments that contain hyperlinks are allowed, but all links will be verified and bogus crap deleted. Don't just leave a comment and split, come back later because I respond to some comments and we can have a conversation.