Q: Why do I think there's a commie behind every tree?
A: BECAUSE THERE IS A FUCKING COMMIE BEHIND EVERY TREE!!


Utilize the language with the same manipulation the Commies do, using the phrase "VACCINE FREE" instead of "UNVACCINATED" or "NON-VACCINATED"

Thursday, April 14, 2022

Fast Food? Hah! Hope You're Not In A Hurry

I don't eat fast food often, less than once a month. But when I get a hankerin', I gotta have it. With my wife working late yesterday and it being a nice night for a cruise on "The Beast" I wanted a bacon cheeseburger and fries. I headed for Wendy's out on RT. 6

I have had issues at this Wendy's before that actually prompted a complaint to the local health department for their lacking food safety practices. But it is the only one in the area so I tried again. On the bike going through a drive-thru is impossible. It takes several minutes to park and secure my bike and riding accessories, so going into any place is a time investment.

There have been many other retail establishments I have been to since dotgov fucked up our economy for the past couple of years because of the Chi-Com Xi Flu. After being paid more to stay home, even though that is pretty much over, people still don't want to work. And those that are working don't seem to give a shit but are too valuable to get fired, and they know it. Customer service is in the shitter. That was the case at Wendy's tonight. There were only about six customers in two or three groups ahead of me. I stood there and watched chaos behind the counter as they mixed up orders between the counter and drive-thru. In the 5 minutes I was there, no one was taking orders and they were scrambling to get things unfucked. Yeah... bye! Back outside and several minutes to get ready to ride to my next choice a few miles away, Burger King.

I have had good luck at this Burger King in the past so I was hopeful. Again several minutes to secure everything before going in. Here there was a line but initially I was not concerned, and the yummy smells just made me even more hungry. After just a few minutes of watching the operation I knew I was screwed, but I was starving so I stuck with it. They seemed to be a couple of workers short, and fucking up every single order. A guy came back in after going through the drive-thru because he didn't get what he ordered, and each order going over the counter had to be "adjusted." When it was my turn to order, the cashier said she had to go "help" and would be back in a few minutes. I watched as she bumbled around like it was her first day. There was what appeared to be a manager, but he looked as lost as the rest. A young hispanic male was stomping around and slamming stuff on the counter with a pissed iff look on his face. The only person that seemed to know what to do was the kid on the fry-o-lator. When she finally came back I said, "You know, it isnt't that hard. Take the order, make the order, happy customer." She apologized and successfully took my order, and I went to get my drink and wait for my food.

Another counter person looks at me and asks if I am waiting for something. I tell her my order number and she quizically repeats it. I tell her its a #1 Whopper with cheese and bacon small combo. She looks up at the computer screen rather dumbfounded and is scrolling through the orders. She eventually hands me my order and asks if I want any sauce. Sauce? Its a burger and fries for Christ's sake, right there on the tray! I repeat the "take the order, make the order... " statement. The pissed off hispanic male now hears it, takes off his headset and asks if I have something to say. So I lean in and repeat it just for him. He realizes now I am not to be trifled with (I am in my biker wear) and asks if I have a complaint. I tell him I do, and corporate will hear about it tomorrow. He says gave a good night and walks away. Smart boy after all.

So today, I will call the franchise headquarters for both restaurants to voice my "dissatisfaction." I already know that they will tell me they are unable to do much about it, because they can't get workers. Then they'll try to appease me with a coupon.

9 comments:

  1. I can feel your pain all the way out here in madera california. We have several jack in the box here. The one we choose to go to is exactly as you described. Twenty minute waits with wrong orders to boot is the norm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Fred Horn: Ya know, after I put up this post it dawned on me... them idiots have the AUDACITY to ask for a $15 minimum wage when they can't even perform $5/hour work??? I say "GO FUCK YOURSELF!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Went to Burger king a few weeks ago. Same thing. Got home and the two burgers I ordered plain had ketchup and mustard on them. Called and drove back into town and stood around for almost 20 minutes waiting for 2 plain hamburgers. It was a cluster fuck behind the counter as you know
    Backwoods Okie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alvin E McDonald Jr14 April, 2022 19:43

    Here in Maine, it's the same. Doesn't matter if it's Mcd, Wendy's, B.K or Dunking. Nobody takes your order, and then if they do, 75% chance it will be wrong. And yes complaining to the franchise owner is useless

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here in the hills of the Buckeye you hardly ever stop going through the drive through . The food has always been hot and fresh and perfect . In or near a big city not so much but here in the sticks I think the people are just way smarter and the work ethic way better . Only problem I have is the old woman cooks so good I seldom ever want to eat out and when I do it's to treat her for a night .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Robots will be next. They don't get drunk, demand time off, make poor decisions, can do repetitive tasks without boredom, and gladly complete an order without a rude comment. When the technology is perfected, the initial costs will eventually become much less, due to the mass production of the equipment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woke Colored Hair and The Diversity…
    Those are my metrics when I walk in.
    I see them, I leave.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, that's what I want, a coupon for a place I am never stepping foot in again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where I live in Tennessee, it's variable. There are two Burger King's within "short drive" distance from me. The food is about the same but the service is vastly different. My strategy is twofold:

    1) Learn the decent local non-chain places and call in an order for pick up. This is what I mostly do. It's faster than drive through at the local ArbMcWendyKing since it's called in. The food is better, and I get to know the waitstaff. I tip well on the takeouts, and they remember it when I come in to sit down.

    I get a much better burger at the local grill in town than at McDonalds, and when I call ahead the wait is zero. Plus, I get it *exactly* the way I want it with the sides I want. An extra rare burger with swiss cheese and onion rings and fried green tomatoes on the side? No problem.

    After awhile, if you are consistent, you don't even have to tell them what you want -- you just tell them you are coming. I retired in the middle of last year, but when I was working, I would call when I got off work, and the food would be ready when I got there.


    2) Since the food is fairly uniform in quality and these fast food places seem to grow in clusters, if I'm going to one of them I go to the one that has the smallest line when I drive by. If there's a six car line at McDonalds and a zero car line at Burger King, I'll go to Burger King. If it's Burger King that has the line, I'll go to McDonalds. If it's the food instead of the service that's bad, I'll drop it from the list.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is a harsh dictatorship, and I am the harsh dictator controlling YOUR freedom of speech. Comments are no longer moderated because of the Goolag login requirement, but must be in 100% ENGLISH. They will remain live on posts with the following exceptions: Insults, unintelligible gibberish, SPAM, ads to sell ANYTHING, and comments off topic or that add zero value. I may just leave such comments up anyway, with a reply pointing out the stupidity and making fun of the author. Comments that contain hyperlinks are allowed, but all links will be verified and bogus crap deleted. Don't just leave a comment and split, come back later because I respond to some comments and we can have a conversation.