Q: Why do I think there's a commie behind every tree?
A: BECAUSE THERE IS A FUCKING COMMIE BEHIND EVERY TREE!!


Utilize the language with the same manipulation the Commies do, using the phrase "VACCINE FREE" instead of "UNVACCINATED" or "NON-VACCINATED"

Sunday, March 12, 2023

Ethnic Heritage Update

After putting up this post this past Friday, I decided to log into the separate anonymous Ancestry.com account I have for my DNA test to see if the results have updated. It is not associated with the account that contains my actual family tree with real names at all, and it has all the privacy settings locked down so no one on the outside can connect to it, including my own siblings. For all Ancestry knows, Ol' Glypto just appeared on Earth with no family, immediate or extended.

Ancestry continually refines DNA maps based on additional samples from around the world, which will also update your heritage ethnicity map based on the sample you already submitted. My sample is several years old and the breakdown currently looks like this.














A close up of the current "Ethnicity Estimate"























As you can see from the previous list below, I no longer have the 2% Ireland but have gained a 6% Scotland and higher percentage of Germanic Europe. I am also less French and a little more Polish. Sweden and Denmark have replaced Ireland and Norway. Scotland, huh? Bagpipes.... people either love them or hate them, there seems to be no just simply tolerating them. I have always loved them, and being in the fire service, they will bring me to tears at a funeral if the piper(s) are really good. Haggis on the other hand, I have never had but would be willing to try it even though it sounds kinda gross. If I ever start wearing a kilt, it will be proper commando. I find Scotch Whiskey horrible, so I will stick to my Eastern European/Russian roots and Vodka. "На здоровье!"

My previous ethnic breakdown





















 

 

Ancestry has some interesting tools for poking around your DNA estimate. This one shows where the DNA comes from, mother or father. Not really any surprises here.















We all did the DNA kits when my Dad was still alive and way before the dementia really started taking my Dad away as we knew him. Funny story about Dad... our first DNA maps showed us kids mostly from the Spain portion of the Iberian Peninsula. Our last name is the same in French, Spanish, and Italian, so we just thought maybe we were actually Spanish and not French. When we got those initial results and showed them to Dad, he starts, "Well, when I was in the Navy and visited Barcelona, there was this girl, you see..." OMG! we all died laughing and explained to him that you don't catch and pass on DNA, and since that girl in Spain was not our mother.... He was in the Navy and off active duty years before he met Mom. He was such a goofball sometimes. The only thing that would have been funnier was if Mom was alive to be in on all that.

4 comments:

  1. I took the Ancestry and 23and me tests. They analyze the dna differently but have come up with almost identical results:
    https://bacontime.files.wordpress.com/2023/03/background_001.jpg
    There have been refinements into my composition and it's getting pretty fine tuned. At on time, it said I had direct relative 1700-1750 from Portugal and a direct relative from Poland 1740-1800.
    I have done a really good amount of research and can confirm all of my relatives to at least as far back as 1800. Some, to 1630. So the Portuguese and Polish were a real mystery to me but they seem to have been refined out. The more direct lines of tests you have done, the finer the details. Both my parents did their tests.

    ReplyDelete
  2. About 3 years ago, we had a family reunion. All the cousins did a 23and me test. We tried to determine if there were any "outliers " in the mix.
    Turns out all the preceding generations were faithful in their wedding vows.
    Kinda a neat topic of discussion amongst the tribe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes but not as entertaining if one had been in the woodpile, forgive me Remus

      Delete
  3. Since .GOV is suborning every piece of data it can find, I refuse to voluntarily provide DNA to anyone.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is a harsh dictatorship, and I am the harsh dictator controlling YOUR freedom of speech. Comments are no longer moderated because of the Goolag login requirement, but must be in 100% ENGLISH. They will remain live on posts with the following exceptions: Insults, unintelligible gibberish, SPAM, ads to sell ANYTHING, and comments off topic or that add zero value. I may just leave such comments up anyway, with a reply pointing out the stupidity and making fun of the author. Comments that contain hyperlinks are allowed, but all links will be verified and bogus crap deleted. Don't just leave a comment and split, come back later because I respond to some comments and we can have a conversation.