Q: Why do I think there's a commie behind every tree?
A: BECAUSE THERE IS A FUCKING COMMIE BEHIND EVERY TREE!!


Utilize the language with the same manipulation the Commies do, using the phrase "VACCINE FREE" instead of "UNVACCINATED" or "NON-VACCINATED"

Friday, May 5, 2023

Aww Crap!

I am officially off the line and out on Workman's Comp. Did something to my right knee but don't know what. It was a little sore around noon time and even more sore when we got back in quarters. Then around 2:30 PM I was climbing down from the top of one of our engines and felt something pop in my knee. Not a painful pop, more like cracking a knuckle. Oh boy, now my knee won't bear any weight and trying induces pain of 5-6/10. It was interesting  getting back on the ground to say the least. I took a couple of Advil and tried to stick it out until end of shift. The station phone rang and I almost fell getting up to get it. At 5 PM I couldn't stand anymore and decided to head to the ER. I drove myself there because I have NEVER been in the ambulance as a patient and I needed to keep that record intact. I got to the ER and spotted a parking place near the door. As I came around the island, some bitch was lining up to park in it. Shit! I had to park in the lot down the hill and hobble back up. I got up to the ER, got inside and checked in. I didn't have to wait long to go through triage and get put in a room. A nurse came in, then an ER doc. It was one of the docs I have dealt with several times over the years by phone for a presumption on an untimely death. Then came the X-ray team with the portable X-Ray machine. A physician's assistant came in to tell me that other than a little arthritis that isn't the cause of this problem, the X-Rays are clear. They fitted me for a straight leg brace and crutches. In the packet of discharge papers is the name, address, and phone number of an orthopedist for further exam and probably an MRI. Ice, elevation, and rest for now.

Yeah right! Are you kidding me? My weekends are jam packed with shit to do.

6 comments:

  1. If you're over forty, then your warranty ran out and it was just a matter of time. Good luck old man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If that's the case, my warranty was up 20+ years ago.

      Delete
  2. Take care, rest up, ice that knee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ Drake's Place: "... rest up..."

      Yeah, that's gonna be the hard part. No hiking. No kayaking. No fishing. No motorcycling, etc. etc. etc.

      Delete
  3. I still remember many many years ago my old man saying it's hell to get old. He wasn't lying, but I still refuse to grow up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Bear Claw Chris Lapp: If only I was doing something exciting and adrenaline pumping, but I was not. I was climbing down the fold down steps on the side of one of our fire engines. Step by step, straight down. No jumping or twisting.

      Delete

This blog is a harsh dictatorship, and I am the harsh dictator controlling YOUR freedom of speech. Comments are no longer moderated because of the Goolag login requirement, but must be in 100% ENGLISH. They will remain live on posts with the following exceptions: Insults, unintelligible gibberish, SPAM, ads to sell ANYTHING, and comments off topic or that add zero value. I may just leave such comments up anyway, with a reply pointing out the stupidity and making fun of the author. Comments that contain hyperlinks are allowed, but all links will be verified and bogus crap deleted. Don't just leave a comment and split, come back later because I respond to some comments and we can have a conversation.