Q: Why do I think there's a commie behind every tree?
A: BECAUSE THERE IS A FUCKING COMMIE BEHIND EVERY TREE!!


Utilize the language with the same manipulation the Commies do, using the phrase "VACCINE FREE" instead of "UNVACCINATED" or "NON-VACCINATED"

Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Me So Happy!!

After two years of trying to get the bullets I use for my sniper precision rifle, an order for 500 Sierra Matchking 174gr .311" BTFMJHP bullets are on their way from Precision Reloading. I used to get them directly from Sierra, but they have been unavailable and Sierra has no mechanism for consumers to place a back-order to create demand. I had a pending back order from Optics Planet since 2021 that I cancelled this morning right after I placed my new order.

 















I load my ammo precisely using hand polished with 0000 steel wool, fire-formed brass and have the cartridge O.A.L. set .005" off the lands of the rifling based upon the chamber length measurement. I use Hogdgon Varget powder and Winchester Large Rifle primers. The primers and bullets are sealed with red enamel paint. I currently have 70 rounds loaded and 100 bullets ready to load. I have not been shooting my rifle since last year trying to conserve my ammo. The next range outing will be checking the 100 yard zero, and then adjusting the scope turrets for 200 for some slow fire bullseye.

 

Thanks to a heads up from Chris at Last Stand On Zombie Island I also scored some machine gun linked Turkish 150 gr 30 Caliber M2 Ball from TacticalShit.com. All the millions of Ethiopian returned M2 U.S. 30 caliber ammo at The CMP vaporized before I could buy my allotted single can of 400 rounds. I've had 30 Caliber machine gun ammo before that had a little corrosion from metal links and it cleaned up easy and shot fine out of a WWII vintage M1.

(100) 4-round linked assemblies in a case. The missing 5th round was the tracer













I had not purchased from The CMP since 2013 and my credentials had expired. For two months I tried faxing and emailing the required credentials, and phone calls went to voicemail with no response. I must have sent the paperwork a dozen times to no avail. A gun bud of mine familiar with The CMP told me today that they play favorites. Ammo for themselves, donors, and friends but none for average Joe Blow. I guess will only buy from them in the future if I can make it to Anniston, Alabama to purchase in person. With the 12% off coupon they offer on the Tactical Shit site and no Kommiecticut sales tax, I got the 400 rounds for $231.60 to my door. I will de-link and then clean them with 0000 steel wool if necessary. I may sell the MG links to also help offset some cost because I hate to throw them away.

Chris asked if I could review the ammo when I receive it and shoot some. I will post my review on this blog and send the link to Chris for cross posting.

2 comments:

  1. I can't remember where I saw it but a little while ago I read that the Ethiopian stuff was not very good. Lots of corrosion, etc. Fortunately I still have some of the Greek ammo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @1chota: I have a good supply of Greek ammo, including two sealed spam cans of 20 round boxes. With the steel penetrator core, it is my SHTF ammo. The new Turkish ammo is FMJ lead and is destined for punching holes in paper and ringing steel. Stay tuned for a pre-range trip review post because it arrived yesterday.

      Delete

This blog is a harsh dictatorship, and I am the harsh dictator controlling YOUR freedom of speech. Comments are no longer moderated because of the Goolag login requirement, but must be in 100% ENGLISH. They will remain live on posts with the following exceptions: Insults, unintelligible gibberish, SPAM, ads to sell ANYTHING, and comments off topic or that add zero value. I may just leave such comments up anyway, with a reply pointing out the stupidity and making fun of the author. Comments that contain hyperlinks are allowed, but all links will be verified and bogus crap deleted. Don't just leave a comment and split, come back later because I respond to some comments and we can have a conversation.