Q: Why do I think there's a commie behind every tree?
A: BECAUSE THERE IS A FUCKING COMMIE BEHIND EVERY TREE!!


Utilize the language with the same manipulation the Commies do, using the phrase "VACCINE FREE" instead of "UNVACCINATED" or "NON-VACCINATED"

Thursday, July 20, 2023

Yummy!

I've been on shift today since 22:30 last night, and got up at 06:00 for the shift change for my incoming partner. OMG... she is so young, but IMHO fully capable. It is strange to work in the fire service with someone born after 9-11. My own daughter was already 18 when my shift partner came into this world. I have actually met her parents and they are bikers, so OK in my book.

I had a leftover baked potato and some kielbasa, so with a couple of fresh eggs from my birds cooked over medium with some Mexican style shredded cheese and an English Muffin, I had a good breakfast.























I did the potato and kielbasa in the toaster oven for 10 minutes under the broiler, while the English muffin went in the 4-slice toaster and I fried up the eggs. Perfectly timed to all be hot and ready at the same time. I thought about turning the potato into homefries, but opted to just halve it with sour cream. I washed it down with an ice cold cup of milk. Real milk... like I have drank all my life... from a cow. Not from a nut tree, oat field, or soybean plant. As an aside; I was the oldest of 3 kids in an intact nuclear family of five. We went through 5 gallons of milk a week. It came direct from the Moser Farms dairy store right in town. They sold a 5-gallon jug that fit in the refrigerator with a spigot at the bottom. We also bought the rest of our dairy goods from them, and went to their soft-serve ice cream stand once a week in the summer.

7 comments:

  1. Yours was the kind of family that kept that farm alive!
    Yummy breakfast, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, the next generation of the Moser family wanted out of dairy farming and sold the surrounding farmland, and the operation to Natural Country. The petting zoo and ice cream stand was razed, the farm store was closed down, and the operation was expanded numerous times for processing and distribution. Oh well, at least I have my memories.

      Delete
  2. I drink milk from Jersey breed cows exclusively now. I don’t know how people drink that stuff sold under supermarket brand names, just because “it’s cheaper”.
    Yeah, and tastes like crap. They take whole milk, pilfer all the good ingredients to sell at an inflated price, then sell the residue (with white colouring added) to dumb women, calling it ‘healthy’. It’s a wonder that women aren’t already buying Skim Water from the chiller to lose weight, oh, they are, it’s in a different name!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A modified "English" breakfast. I'd eat that !!!! (for lunch)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A.C. Peterson delivered to us...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prior to going to the Moser Farms Dairy Store, we got home delivery from Sealtest by the first Arabic man I ever met, Hassan Salley. Interestingly, when Sealtest stopped home delivery, he became our mailman. He also served time in town government, I believe on the Board of Selectmen. Incredibly, he is still alive at age 96, living the good life in New Hampshire.

      Delete
  5. Glypto, something up with Blogger? I have to click on "Agree to Enter" 2-3 times before it allows opening your site. Anyone else experiencing this? Thx!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is a harsh dictatorship, and I am the harsh dictator controlling YOUR freedom of speech. Comments are no longer moderated because of the Goolag login requirement, but must be in 100% ENGLISH. They will remain live on posts with the following exceptions: Insults, unintelligible gibberish, SPAM, ads to sell ANYTHING, and comments off topic or that add zero value. I may just leave such comments up anyway, with a reply pointing out the stupidity and making fun of the author. Comments that contain hyperlinks are allowed, but all links will be verified and bogus crap deleted. Don't just leave a comment and split, come back later because I respond to some comments and we can have a conversation.