Q: Why do I think there's a commie behind every tree?
A: BECAUSE THERE IS A FUCKING COMMIE BEHIND EVERY TREE!!


Utilize the language with the same manipulation the Commies do, using the phrase "VACCINE FREE" instead of "UNVACCINATED" or "NON-VACCINATED"

Sunday, February 21, 2021

Finally Getting To It

A Smith & Wesson M&P 2.0 Shield 45. No external safety and tritium night sights that I ordered back in November, and finally picked up last week. It was on the employee purchase program through S&W where my niece works. It was a comedy of errors that delayed me in receiving my new gun. Subsequent (if any) purchases I make should go much easier.

New in the box with all the goodies











A close up of just the pistol. SWEET!








 



I am one of those that reads instruction/owners manuals. It says to field strip and give a thorough cleaning and fresh lube before loading and firing. Done.

Field stripping is like most striker-fired pistols. No trigger pull is necessary















 

 

 

 

 

 

I like pistols that can be field stripped by hand. My Colt 1911, Glock 21 and Ruger S9c are that way. This one requires a small flat blade screwdriver to reach into the lower receiver once the slide is locked back, to flip down a small lever. Then you rotate the external take down lever 90 degrees clockwise, pull the slide back to release the catch, and ease the slide forward and off the lower receiver. Remove the spring assembly and barrel and you're done.

After I put it together, I filled the magazine with my hand loads. I use a Berry's 200 grain copper plated flat point bullet, and wanted to make sure they fed OK at least by hand. All 7 rounds fed and ejected by hand perfectly. I am now ready for an afternoon at the range. Once I know how and where it shoots, it will get another cleaning and then be ready for EDC. I will post up a range report and review, hopefully by the  weekend.

In a standard reply to gun grabbers, we all like to say how our guns were all lost in a tragic boating accident, "Sorry, nothing to turn in Mr. ATF." Well, I actually lost my Ruger LCP in a kayak dump this past Memorial Day weekend, and the gun spent two days submerged on the bottom of a river before being recovered. Since then, it has been in a oil bath awaiting a deep cleaning. I started it back in June, but lost the firing pin (it launched to parts unknown in my basement) and after an exhaustive search put it aside... until tonight. When I loaded and ejected those .45 rounds mentioned above, a couple rolled around the bench and went behind some stuff. When I moved said stuff... LOOKY HERE!! THE MISSING FIRING PIN!! So, when I finished with the 45 Shield, I tackled the LCP. It is all cleaned and lubed and ready for summertime EDC duty when wearing nothing but shorts and a t-shirt.



2 comments:

  1. I have a Ruger SR9c as well. It is my primary carry gun. I would prefer a different gun, the CZ 2075 Rami, but it is just a bit too expensive for me at this point.
    I just discovered your blog tonight, and find it refreshing, at the plain speak that many are afraid of. Best wishes and I will be following what you have to say in future posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Pigpen51,
      My SR9c is just one of several carry guns I use depending on the circumstances. The 45 Shield may displace it, we'll see.

      GD

      Delete

This blog is a harsh dictatorship, and I am the harsh dictator controlling YOUR freedom of speech. Comments are no longer moderated because of the Goolag login requirement, but must be in 100% ENGLISH. They will remain live on posts with the following exceptions: Insults, unintelligible gibberish, SPAM, ads to sell ANYTHING, and comments off topic or that add zero value. I may just leave such comments up anyway, with a reply pointing out the stupidity and making fun of the author. Comments that contain hyperlinks are allowed, but all links will be verified and bogus crap deleted. Don't just leave a comment and split, come back later because I respond to some comments and we can have a conversation.