Q: Why do I think there's a commie behind every tree?
A: BECAUSE THERE IS A FUCKING COMMIE BEHIND EVERY TREE!! And on every college campus and at every level in government.


Just wait until those of us that just wanted to be left alone are forced to get involved.

Thursday, April 1, 2021

I Finally Jumped In

I had been waiting for my financial situation to improve, and it has. We re-financed the house which will save us $300 per month, and am saving over $1000 a quarter by getting rid of supplemental insurance and joining a medical sharing organization. We make too much to qualify for any discount on Obummercare, and not enough to afford the full freight, even on the cheapest plan. Anyway, starting today, I began an automatic monthly donation to Tunnel To Towers. They ask for $11 a month, but I went up to $20. I also included the optional extra dollar to cover the processing fee for a total of $21. They give you the option to honor or memorialize someone on your donation, so I memorialized the LT from my former fire department that died in the line of duty in 1990. I was right there that night it happened and have never forgotten.

My wife has been instructed to call them if I die in the line of duty to get the house paid off.

2 comments:

  1. Take the money you save and use it to pay off principal. Refinancing is great if you need to, but it does start the 15/30 clock all over again.
    Just found your blog from Phil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the plan. Take out a 30 but pay like a 15 or 20. If we need the extra money for an emergency, we just make the normal payment. We have never taken sny loan to term.

      Delete

This blog is a harsh dictatorship, and I am the harsh dictator controlling YOUR freedom of speech. Comments are no longer moderated because of the Goolag login requirement, but are monitored by me and I will decide if they stay. Comments must be in 100% ENGLISH. They will remain live on posts with the following exceptions: Insults, unintelligible gibberish, SPAM, ads to sell ANYTHING, and comments off topic or that add zero value. I may just leave such comments up anyway, with a reply pointing out the stupidity and making fun of the author. Comments that contain hyperlinks are allowed, but all links will be verified and bogus crap deleted. Don't just leave a comment and split, come back later because I respond to some comments and we can have a conversation.